What are Telegram and WhatsApp
Telegram is a free chat app that is worth considering with other chat apps like WhatsApp. Telegram was developed’s by Telegram Messenger LLP, which released Telegram in August 2013. Telegram also supports many devices, such as Android, IOS, Windows Phone, Ubuntu Touch, Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Just like Telegram, WhatsApp is also a free chat application that has many users. Initially, WhatsApp was made only for iPhone users, then as its development, WhatsApp is also available for BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone, and Symbian users.
A chat application like WhatsApp’s, Telegram can be used by users to send messages, videos, photos, documents, stickers, GIFs, voice calls, video calls.
Grub on Telegram has a capacity of 200,000 members. The Telegram group also has features that make it easy for an admin to control membership, such as mass deleting messages, embedding important’s messages, and document sharing featured that can reach 2GB.
If you need more grub members, Telegram has a channel feature that anyone can follow, the channel owner can send messages to all his followers, but the channel’s followers cannot respond/reply to messages sent.
A feature that is no less interesting is the secret chat feature. Messages sent via this secret chat will be protected by end-to-end encryption so that no one snoops on user conversations.
Telegram also has a self-developed encryption system called MTProto. Telegram claims that this system is more robust and anti-breakage, this encryption system only applies to the secret chat feature. As for private or grub conversations, Telegram uses a distributed infrastructure method. This means that the conversation data of all users will be stored in data centers spread across the world, so the laws that protect this data depend on each country.
The features in WhatsApp are also not much different from the features in Telegram. For more details, see the explanation below.
The WhatsApp application uses the phone number that we use to interact with fellow WhatsApp users. This application also uses the push feature so that you get notified when a message is received. WhatsApp relies on an internet connection to use it. You can see messages that have been received when not connected to the internet, but when you send a message there will be a clock sign indicating the message until it gets an internet connection.
WhatsApp will start automatically when your friend’s number is registered on WhatsApp, so you will get a WhatsApp list that is filled in automatically.
WhatsApp uses tags to provide info on its sent messages. One checkmark (grayed out) means the message was sent successfully. Two checkmarks (grayed out) mean the message has been received but not read. Two checkmarks (in blue) mean the message has been read. If you are not connected to the internet, a clock will appear indicating that the message is ready to send.
For the WhatsApp Call feature, users can make calls with an internet connection and can also call up to more than 2 people. Users can also make direct calls with the person being called. You can also create statuses such as sending holiday videos, family photos, texts, and more.
The following is an explanation of how to use or install this Telegram application on a laptop using Windows OS. Here’s how:
- In the first step, you can open the official website of the Telegram Telegram Desktop, and please select Get Telegram for Windows.
- Next, do the installation by right-clicking on the Telegram file. Then clicking open’s, and select the language you want.
- Then select the installation folder and click Next, then leave the default and click Next, check to Create a default shortcut then Next, Install, and Finish.
- Go to Telegram and select your country and enter your mobile number, then click Next.
- Then click the lever in your phone’s Telegram message, then installing Telegram on the desktop has been successful.
For how to install WhatsApp on a Windows computer, please refer to the tutorial below:
- Please go to the WhatsApp website and select Download for Windows.
- Install WhatsApp by right-clicking and then open. Then open WhatsApp on your phone, tap the three-dot menu or Settings, and select WhatsApp Web, then scan the code on your computer.
- Installing WhatsApp has been successful.
This is an explanation of the Telegram and WhatsApp chat applications, as well as the features provided by both. We have also finished installing Telegram and WhatsApp on a computer running Windows OS.